As we know, the off‐season can be challenging but what better way to lure people here than with CHOCOLATE? This idea sprung from a group of local merchants and is being supported by Chocolate Springs, Studio Two and the Berkshire Visitors Bureau as a way to boost visitors in the off‐season. Specifically to extend the bump from Valentine’s/President’s Weekend throughout the whole month of February to a broad demographic target.
This is a collaborative, voluntary promotion so there will be no charge to participate! Please consider what your venue can uniquely do to tie‐in with this chocolate theme. Here are some ideas but please feel free to develop your own idea ‐ the more creative the better:
- Film ‐ chocolate themed movies for adults and kids (i.e. Chocolat, Willy Wonka) and/or chocolate themed drinks/snacks
- Shops ‐ chocolate colored clothing / accessories / sculptures / snacks
- Lodging ‐ chocolates for snacks, incorporated into breakfast, etc.
- Restaurants/bars ‐ chocolate dishes, desserts and/or drinks
- Theatres – special chocolate refreshments
- Outdoor/adventure ‐ lots of fun chocolate ideas here (prizes, hot chocolate, etc.)
Q. Where will people go to find a list of all participants?
Q. Are there any restrictions as to what I can do?
A. There really aren’t any restrictions, as this is a collaborative, voluntary effort. Be sure to submit your event here.